The Lowcountry Stormwater Partners is a regional partnership between Carolina Clear, SMS4s, municipalities, non-profits, businesses, and other organizations who are dedicated to implementing a regional, watershed-scale stormwater runoff education strategy in Beaufort County. We are Carolina Clear's newest consortium and are actively seeking consortium partners. If you or your organization is interested in stormwater and water quality. please consider joining us in our efforts. Our meetings are quarterly and open to the public.
The Lowcountry Stormwater Partners strive for healthy, fishable, swimmable waterways to continue the prosperity of the region.
To protect and restore healthy, productive Lowcountry waterways by engaging citizens in stormwater education and public involvement opportunities through a network of partnerships with local governments, organizations, and businesses.
- Help the Lowcountry Stormwater Partners' local SMS4s meet and stay compliant with the NPDES Phase II Stormwater Program permit requirements for MCM1 (public education and outreach) and MCM 2 (public involvement) by providing local resources and services.
- Leverage the Lowcountry Stormwater Partners network of partners to maximize the efficiency of stormwater education and involvement efforts using a regional approach.
- Develop and implement targeted outreach programs that address primary stormwater pollutants of concern.
- Encourage positive behavioral changes in support of environmental protection and awareness through stormwater education.
- Foster and expand upon citizen involvement in stormwater management through education and participation in programs.
- Facilitate collaboration among local organizations interested in watershed-related education in order to best meet the needs of local communities.
2016-2018 Strategic Regional Stormwater Outreach Plan
Through surveys, regional communication, and data gathering, the Lowcountry Stormwater Partners developed a strategic outreach plan to address major concerns of partners, relevant and involved audiences, and documented water quality concerns.The purpose of this plan is to provide a strategy for developing education, outreach, and involvement opportunities in the region that includes long term goals, targeted behaviors, and specific audiences over the next three years. Read the plan here.
2015-2016 Annual Report
Click to view our latest Annual Report, detailing our education activities from September 2016 to January 2017. This report was included documents our planning process and educational impact. You can also view past reports here.