Rural Health and Nutrition
The Rural Health and Nutrition Extension Program Team offers scientifically supported initiatives and programs to help all South Carolinians prevent and self-manage chronic disease. We do this through community partnerships, group and individual education sessions, and a library of written resources on topics from healthy eating to stress relief (for written information and factsheets visit HGIC).
The RHN team continues to offer our proven-effective programs through online options. Sign up for a program today and start your journey to a healthier version of you! While you’re at it, follow us on Facebook for daily posts on health and nutrition tips and information.
Online Program Offerings:
- EFNEP youth and adult programming
- Certified Food Pantry Volunteer Program
- Hypertension Management Program
- National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Health Extension for Diabetes Control
- Breastfeeding 101 classes
Additional Health Initiatives: