Sample Lesson Plan
The "Cooking with the CHEFS" program consists of various lessons that
each focus on a specific aspect of healthy eating. Below are the
objectives for the particular lesson that focuses on increasing the
consumtion of fruits and vegetables.
Color Your Plate with Fruits and Vegetables
1. Identify basic cooking terms.
2. Demonstrate blanching.
3. Prepare a vegetable/fruit salsa.
4. Discuss 5 reasons to eat more fruits and vegetables.
5. Observe cooking demonstration of simple ways to serve more fruits
and vegetables at home for meals, snacks, and how to pack in a coolor
for away home meals.
6. Prepare chicken & fruit salad and berry blue salad.
7. Visit a produce department at a local grocery store.