Histology Core Services
Services performed by Core Personnel:
- Complete services for routine tissue processing, embedding and sectioning
Frozen, paraffin, and resin
- Routine histological staining and a variety of special stains
- Expertise in immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence
- Consultation and advice for all histology enquiries
- Assistance with protocol development
- Digital photographic capabilities for both bright field and fluorescent illumination
Services available independent of the Core Personnel:
The Histology Core Facility equipment is available on a fee for use basis for those researchers who would like to work independently of the Core Technician.
Using the Histology Core
All samples submitted to the Histology Core and all use of Histology Core Equipment must be pre-approved and may be scheduled by contacting the Core Technician. All users are required to complete an Histology Core orientation. Histology Core personnel have priority over all other users during normal operating hours.