Phone: 864 455-1457
FAX: 864 455-1567
- Ph.D. Molecular and Cellular Biology, Ohio University, 1991
- M.S. Physiology, Ohio University, 1987
- D.D.S Shanghai 2nd Med University, 1982
- Prolactin and breast cancer
- Prolactin antagonists and their use in human breast cancer therapy
- Novel therapeutics for cancer
- Molecular cloning of novel genes related to breast cancer formation
- John F Langenheim and Wen Y Chen Development of a Novel Ligand that Activates JAK2/STAT5 Signaling Through the Heterodimer of a Prolactin Receptor and Growth Hormone Receptor. Submitted.
- Chen WY, Scotti ML, Langenheim JF, Peirce SK, Franek KJ and Tomblyn S. Co-expression of Human Prolactin Drastically Reduces Mammary Tumor Incidence in neu Transgenic Mice Submitted.
- Seth Tomblyn, Alison E. B. Springs, John F. Langenheim, and Wen Y. Chen Combination therapy using three novel prolactin receptor antagonist based fusion proteins effectively inhibits tumor recurrence in HER2/neu mice. Breast Cancer Res. and Treatment. (in press)
- Jacquemart IC and WY Chen Identification of the Rassf3 Gene as a Potential Tumor Suppressor Responsible for the Resistance to Mammary Tumor Development in MMTV/neu Transgenic Mice. (in press)
- Yang N, Langenheim JF, Wang XD, Jiang J, Chen WY, and Frank SJ Activation of Growth Hormone Receptors by Growth Hormone and Growth Hormone Antagonist Dimers: Insights into Receptor Triggering. Mol Endocrinol. 22(4):978-88, 2008.
- Scotti ML, Langenheim JF, Tomblyn S, Springs AE, Chen WY. Additive effects of a prolactin receptor antagonist, G129R, and herceptin on inhibition of HER2-overexpressing breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 111(2):241-50, 2007 Langenheim F. Tan D, Walker AM and Chen WY. Two wrongs can make a right: dimers of human prolactin and growth hormone antagonists behave as agonists. Mol Endocrinol. March, 2006.
- Tomblyn S, Langenheim JF, Jacquemart IC, Holle E, and Chen WY. A Study of the Role of Human Prolactin and its Antagonist, G129R, in Mammary Gland Development and DMBA Induced Tumorigenesis. Int J Oncol. 27(5):1381-9, 2005
- Tan D, Johnson DA, Wu W, Zeng L, Chen YH, Chen WY, Vonderhaar BK, Walker AM. Unmodified Prolactin (PRL) and S179D PRL-initiated Bioluminescence Resonance Energy Transfer Between Homo- and Hetero-pairs of Long and Short Human Prolactin Receptors in Living Human Cells. Mol Endocrinol. 19:1291-303, 2005
- Langenheim F. and Chen WY. Development of a Prolactin Receptor-Targeting Fusion Toxin Using a Prolactin Antagonist and a Recombinant Form of Pseudomonas Exotoxin A. Breast Cancer Res. and Treatment. 90:281-93, 2005.
- Franek, KJ., Zhou, Zengtong, Zhang, Wei-Dong, Chen, WY. In vitro studies of baicalin alone or in combination with Salvia miltiorrhiza as a potential anti breast cancer agent. Int J Oncol. 217-24, 2005
- Peirce S and Chen WY. Human prolactin and its antagonist, hPRL-G129R, regulate bax and bcl-2 gene expression in human breast cancer cells and transgenic mice. Oncogene 23:1248–1255, 2004.
- Beck MT, Chen, NY, Franek K and Chen WY. Prolactin Antagonist Endostatin Fusion Protein as A Targeted Dual Functional Therapeutic Agent for Breast Cancer. Cancer Res., 63:3598-3604, 2003.
- Beck MT, Peirce SK and Chen WY. Regulation of bcl-2 gene expression in human breast cancer cells by prolactin and its antagonist, hPRL-G129R. Oncogene 21, 5047-55, 2002.
- Zhang GR, Li W, Holle H, Chen NY and Chen WY. A novel design of targeted endocrine and cytokine therapy for human breast cancer. Clin. Cancer Res., 8:1196-1205, 2002.
- Chen NY, Li W, Cataldo L, Peirce S, and Chen WY. In vivo Anti-tumor Activities of a Human Prolactin Antagonist, hPRL-G129R. Int. J. Oncology 20, 813-818, 2002.
- Peirce S and Chen WY. Quantification of Prolactin Receptor mRNA in Multiple Human Tissues and Cancer Cell Lines by Real Time RT-PCR J Endocrinol. 171, R1-4, 2001.
- Ramamoorthy P, Sticca RP, Wagner TE, Chen WY. In vitro Studies of a Prolactin Antagonist, hPRL-G129R, in human breast Cancer Cells. Int. J. Oncology 18, 25-32, 2001.
- Beck MT, Holle H, Chen WY. Combination of PCR Subtraction and cDNA Microarray for Differential Gene Expression Profiling. Biotechniques 31, 1-4, 2001.
- Cataldo L, Chen NY, Li W, Wagner TE, Sticca RP and Chen WY. Inhibition of the Oncogene STAT3 by a Human Prolactin (PRL) Antagonist is a PRL Receptor Specific Event. Int. J. Oncology 17, 1179-1185, 2000.
- Chen WY, Ramamoorthy P, Chen N, Sticca R, Wagner TE. A human prolactin antagonist, hPRL-G129R, inhibits breast cancer cell proliferation through induction of apoptosis. Clin. Cancer Res. 5, 3583-93, 1999.
- BIOSC 493 - Senior Seminar
- BIOSC 491H
Current Graduate Students
- Cong XU, Ph.D.
- Eric Lee, Ph.D.
- Mr. John Langenheim, Ph.D., 2007
- Mr. Jangpyo Park, Ph.D., 2007
- Mr. Seth Tomblyn, Ph.D., 2007
- Ms. Michele Scotti, Ph.D., 2006
- Ms. Isabelle Jacquemart, Ph.D., 2006