Robert J. Kosinski
Phone: 864 656-3830
FAX: 864 656-0435
- Ph.D. Rutgers University, 1977
- B.S. Seton Hall University, 1972
- Laboratory development for freshman biology courses
- The use of computer simulations in biology education.
- Investigative laboratories in biology.
- Application of computer modeling and statistics to the problems of aquatic ecology.
- Stream ecotoxicology, especially pollution of streams by herbicides.
- Kosinski, R.J., and C.K. Morlok. 2011. Teaching buffering by showing its effects. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching 32: 377-384. http://www.ableweb.org/volumes/vol-32/v32reprint.php?ch=1
- Kosinski, R. J. and C. K. Morlok. 2010. Using yeast fermentation to suggest and then challenge a model. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching: 31: 162-186.
- Kosinski, R. J. and C. K. Morlok. 2009. Challenging misconceptions about osmosis. In press with Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching.
- Kosinski, R. J., D. R. Weinbrenner, and M. G. Cross. 2008. Extraction, sequencing, and analysis of mitochondrial DNA. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching 29: 137-166.
- Kosinski, R. J. 2007. An introduction to bioinformatics. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching 28: 145-182.
- Kosinski, R. J. 2006. An introduction to phylogenetic analysis. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching 27: 57-106.
- Kosinski, R. J. 2005. Exploring weight loss using Stella modeling software. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching 26: 419-423.
- Kosinski, R. J. and J. R. Cummings. 2004. The scientific method: an introduction using reaction time. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching 25: 219-234
- Kosinski, R. J. 2003. A mass-participation student simulation of the Sanger method for sequencing DNA. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching 24: 245-249.
- Dickey, J. and R. J. Kosinski. 2000. A practical plan for implementing investigative laboratories. Abstract of Lexington, KY RABLE presentation to be published in Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching 21: 507.
- Helms, D. R., C. W. Helms, R. J. Kosinski and J. Cummings. 1998. Biology in the Laboratory. Freeman Publishing Company.
- Kosinski, R. J. 1997. BioBytes 3.0. This CD is included with every copy of the Helms lab manual. It contains my programs Alien, Seedling, Cycle, Dueling Alleles, Shark, and Reaction Time.
- Kosinski, R. J. and J. L. Dickey. 1996. Using microcomputer-based physiology experiments in investigative labs in introductory biology. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching 17: 143-152.
- BIOL 428/628 - Quantitative Biology
- BIOL 110/111 and H110/H111 - Principles of Biology I and II
- BIOL 103/104 - General Biology I and II
- Association for Biology Laboratory Education
- National Science Teachers Association
- National Association of Biology Teachers
- American Society for Limnology and Oceanography
- American Ecological Society
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- South Carolina Science Council
- South Carolina Academy of Sciences