Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. University of Cambridge, England, 1964
- B.S. University of London, England, 1960
- Industrial and food microbiology
- Okafor, N (2006) Modern Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology. Science Publishers, Enfield, New Hampshire In Press
- Okafor, N (2004) Alcoholic Beverages of the World. In Encyclopaedia of Life Supporting Sciences. Paris: United Nations Educational Scientific & Cultural Organisation.
- Okafor, N (2004) Fermented Foods and Their Processing. In Encyclopaedia of Life Supporting Sciences. Paris: United Nations Educational Scientific & Cultural Organisation.
- Okafor, N (2000) Biotechnology in Nigeria in Tzotzos, G T and Skryabin, K G Biotechnology in the Developing World and Countries in Economic Transition. London: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureau, pp 281- 292.
- Okafor, N, Okeke, B, Umeh, C, and Ibenegbu, C (1999) Secretion of Lysine by Lactic Bacteria and Yeasts Associated with Garri Production Using a Synthetic Gene. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 28, 419 -422
- Okafor, N, Okereke, G U, Miambi, E, Odunfa, S (editors) (1999) Biotechnology for Development in Africa. Enugu: Nigeria: Foundation for African Development through International Biotechnology (FADIB).
- Okafor, N, Umeh, C, and Ibenegbu, C (1998) Carriers for starter cultures for the production of garri, a fermented food derived from cassava. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 15, 231 234
- Okafor, N, Umeh, C, and Ibenegbu, C, Obizoba, I C, Nnam, P (1998). Improvement in garri quality by the inoculation of micro-organisms into cassava mash. International Journal of Food Microbiology. 40, 43-49
- Okafor, N, Umeh, C, and Ibenegbu, C (1998) Amelioration of garri, a fermented food derived from cassava, Manihot esculenta Crantz, by the inoculation into cassava mash, of micro-organisms simultaneously producing amylase, linamarase, and lysine. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 14, 835-838.
- Ejiofor, A O, Okafor, N, Ugwueze E N (1994) Development of baking yeast from Nigerian palm-wine yeasts. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 10, 199- 202.
- Odibo, F J C, Okafor, N, & Okafor, B U (1992) Purification and immobilisation of Scytalidium sp. alpha-amylase and its general properties. Journal of General and Applied Microbiology 38, 1 - 11.
- Micro 413 - Industrial Microbiology
- (supervised at Nigerian universities): 10 PhDs and 19 Masters
- American Society for Microbiology
- Society for Applied Microbiology
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow, Nigerian Academy of Science
- Fellow, African Academy of Science
- Fellow, World Academy of Art and Science