Heather P. Walker
Phone: 864 656-2516
FAX: 864 656-0435
- Walker, H; Dog Anatomy, A photo Atlas; BlueDoor Publications; ISBN 978-1-59984-291-2; August 2011.
- Cusick et al; Literature-curated protein interaction datasets; Nature Methods 2009, December, 6(12): 860-861
- Venkatesan et al; An empirical framework for binary interactome mapping; Nature Methods, 2009, January, 6(1): 83-90
- The focus of our group studies the mechanisms involved in triple negative basal breast cancers that are associated with poor prognosis and high mortality rates. We are particularly interested in understanding the interactions between cell surface expressed integrins and stromal laminins in aggressive cancers compared to normal epithelial cells. We are also studying the epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) by evaluating cellular signals in metastasis associated with the tumor microenvironment during invasion and survival.
- Ph.D. Clemson University
- M.S. Univ. of California at Davis
- B.S. Clemson University
- BioSc 222 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- BioSc 223 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
Additional Information: Patents: US Patent No: 7,838,000 B2 Date of Patent: 11/23/2010 Title: Inhibition of pathogenic agents incuding a6b1 integrin receptor or a6b4 integrin receptor at a surface. Presentations: A novel recombinant protein of laminin sub-domains inhibits AKT signaling in breast cancer cells; Keystone Symposia Epithelial Plasticity and Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition, Vancouver BC, 2011. Invitro effects on gene expression of Casp9, GRB10 and CDKN1B following rG3 treatment of human breast cancer cells, American Society of Microbiology, Charleston SC, 2010. Recombinant G3 domain protein of the laminin-5 alpha-3 chain binds integrins on breast cancer cells to induce apoptosis, 99th Annual Meeting of American Association for Cancer Research, San Diego CA, 2008.