The Entomology faculty are known for their commitment to teaching and working with students. They are at the forefront of research in their areas and are national and international leaders in their fields in four primary research areas — Applied Agricultural Entomology, Arthropod Biodiversity, Insect Molecular Genetics, and Urban Entomology.
The Entomology Graduate Program offers two research degrees, MS and PhD, requiring student to conduct research leading to the writing of a thesis (MS) or dissertation (PhD). Students may pursue a non-thesis MS degree in Plant and Environmental Sciences with an emphasis in entomology.
For more information on the different Entomology Grad Program options:
View and download the Entomology Graduate Student Handbook (154K pdf) >>
For detailed information on applying to Clemson University:
Go to Clemson University Graduate School Application Information >>
1. Review the list of faculty on our website and contact faculty member(s) with research areas of interest to you.
View our list of faculty > >
2. Go to the Getting Started on the Graduate
School web site and create an online account to begin your
application process. The Program Code for the Entomology Graduate
major is 148.
Create an online account with the Graduate School > >
NOTE: ALL documentation must be sent directly to the Clemson University Graduate School, not to us. This includes transcripts, letters of recommendation, and official test scores.
3. Review our information about Admission to the Entomology Graduate Program.
View our Entomology Graduate Program Admission Information > >
4. There is no official application deadline, however, it takes time for your application materials to post to the Graduate School online system, and then to be circulated to the graduate program evaluation committee, so the earlier you complete the application process, the better.
NOTE: Graduate program evaluation committees will ONLY evaluate a fully completed application.
5. If you need any additional help, see the Entomology Graduate Handbook or contact the Entomology Graduate Program Coordinator.
Dr. Matthew Turnbull, Associate Professor & Graduate Program Coordinator 114 Long HallApply Now > >
Clemson, SC 29634-0315
Telephone: 865-656-3111 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org