- Mrs. Rita M. Haliena, Senior Lecturer, received the South Carolina Outstanding Dietetics Educator Award, Spring 2008;
- Dr. Katherine L. Cason, Professor, received the Epsilon Sigma Phi Mid-Career Service National Award and Gold Millennium Award for Education Programs for “Lucy’s Tasty Treasures”, Spring 2008;
- Dr. Mary E. Kunkel, Professor, received the Algernon Sidney Sullivan Award, 2008;
- Dr. Margaret D. Condrasky, Associate Professor, received a American Culinary Federation President’s Medallion in July 2008 in recognition of superior contributions to the enhancement of the ACF in the area of culinary nutrition education for chef members;
- Dr. Anthony L. Pometto III was a co-awardee for the R&D 100 Award 2008 entitled “MycoMax”, [J. van Leeuwen, M.L. Rasmussen, S.K. Khanal, and A.L. Pometto III], October 16, 2008. The award was for developing value-added products from dry-grind corn ethanol thin-stillage by fungal processing.