Thompson Construction Group, Inc., located in Sumter, SC, has a position opening for a Grounds Manager. The Grounds Manager is responsible for maintaining all areas of the Thompson property in a clean and sanitary manner to enhance the work environment and create a positive impression for customers and visitors. He/she does so in a safe and timely manner with the best quality possible.
1) Must have completed high school, trade school or GED and a minimum of 1-year experience working in the grounds keeping (minimum); BS in Horticulture, Landscape Contracting or related study is preferred;
2) Must have Must have a valid Class D driver’s license and a good driving record;
3) Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly with supervisor/co-workers and understand direction;
4) Must be able to utilize basic math;
5) Must be able to lift heavy objects, climb, bend, twist, stand and reach repetitively, operate moving equipment and work in hot/cold/damp environments;
6) Must be able to work well in a team or alone in all weather conditions;
7) Must be able to perform heavy physical labor on a daily basis;
8) Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays as needed.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary will be based on education and experience.
Application packet must consist of the following: 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) full contact information for three (3) references.
Deadline: Until position is filled.
Send application packet to: Janice W. Poplin, SPHR, Vice President, Human Resources and Risk Management, Thompson Construction Group, Inc., 100 North Main Street, Sumter, SC 29150. Phone: (803) 773-8005 x 101; Fax: (803) 418-5535.