The Garden Club of America (GCA) is offering the 2012 Caroline Thorn Kissel Summer Environmental Studies Scholarship for undergraduates, graduate students, advanced degree candidates, or non-degree-seeking applicants above the high school level. The scholarship was designed to promote environmental studies by students who are residents of New Jersey or nonresidents studying in New Jersey or its surrounding waters. The recipient will receive $2000 in financial assistance annually for summer environmental study selected by the applicant.
1) Open to college students, graduate students, Ph.D. candidates, or non-degree-seeking applicants above the high school level;
2) Must be US citizens and either residents of New Jersey studying in New Jersey or elsewhere, or nonresidents pursuing study in New Jersey or its surrounding waters.
Application packet must consist of the following:
1) Completed Application Form (to download an application form [pdf], click here
2) Short Essay (Please explain what you know about the program or project you have selected, how it fits into your future plans, and what you hope to achieve. [Use separate sheet to answer.]);
3) Two letters of recommendation from people in your field of interest (One letter should be from a professor or someone who can comment on your interest, achievement, personal qualities, and eligibility for the summer program you have selected. The second letter of reference should include information on the program itself and an evaluation of its worth.)
Deadline: February 10, 2012
Send application packet to (do not fax or e-mail):
GCA Awards for Summer Environmental Studies, The Garden Club of America, 14 East 60th Street, New York, NY 10022. For questions or additional information, contact: Connie Yates, Garden Club of America, at 212-753-8287, Fax: 212-753-0134; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org