General requirements for acceptance include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with the equivalent of an undergraduate major in biological, agricultural, environmental or related sciences. The general test of the Graduate Record Examination is required. Satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are required of international students whose native language is not English.
For detailed information on applying to Clemson University see:
Graduate School Application Information > >
1. Review the list of faculty on our website and contact faculty member(s) with research areas of interest to you.
2. Go to the Getting Started on the Graduate School web site and create an online account to begin your application process. The Program Code for the Plant & Environmental Sciences Graduate
major is 113.
Create an online account with the Graduate School > >
NOTE: ALL documentation must be sent directly to the Clemson University Graduate School, not to us. this includes transcripts, letters of recommendation, and official test scores.
3. Review our information about Admission to the PES Graduate Program.
Review PES Admission Information > >
4. There is no official application deadline, however, it takes time for your application materials to post to the Graduate School online system, and then to be circulated to the graduate program evaluation committee, so the earlier you complete the application process, the better.
NOTE: Graduate program evaluation committees will ONLY evaluate a fully completed application.
5. If you need any additional help, see the PES Graduate Student Handbook or contact the PES Graduate Program Coordinator.
PES Graduate Student Handbook > >