When applying to Clemson, freshman applicants should
- Submit a completed online application
- Send an official high school transcript with senior year courses listed
- Request official SAT I or ACT scores to be sent to Clemson directly from the testing agency. Students applying for Fall Semester 2006 must take either the new version of the SAT that will require a mandatory writing test beginning in March 2005 or the optional writing test that ACT will begin offering in spring 2005.
To be considered for transfer admission, candidates should have
- Completed a year of college study (30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours of transferable work)
- Earned a cumulative grade point average of approximately 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (3.0 preferred). Some majors such as architecture, nursing, construction science and management, performing arts and professional golf management have more selective admission standards.
- Completed all freshman-level courses in English, science and mathematics for their intended major at Clemson
We prefer that you apply online at http://www.applyweb.com/aw?clemson. During the 2004-05 admission year, over 90 percent of Clemson applicants opted for ease and speed by applying for admission electronically, and this year we are encouraging all students to apply online. You can submit an application any time of the day or night and you process the application fee using a credit card or electronic check. When you submit an electronic application, it is received immediately by the Office of Admissions.