Important National Pest Management Information Program Web Sites
- EPA - Pest Management - EPA offers advice and guidance on the management and disposal of pesticides for both agricultural and non-agricultural uses.
- Strategic Agricultural Initiative Toolbox
- EPA. The Strategic Agricultural Initiative is EPA's outreach program
to demonstrate and facilitate the adoption of farm pest management
practices that will enable growers to transition away from the use of
high-risk pesticides. The program helps develop pest management
practices and products that are safe, effective and support the
implementation of the Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA) with a unique
focus on regional needs. The SAI Toolbox provides SAI specialists and
SAI grant applicants with useful information designed to maximize the
success of the program and produce the results or outcomes sought by
Integrated Pest Management Centers - information on crop profiles,
current research, pesticide data, project reports, general interest
about pest management, policy issues and more.
Integrated Pest Management Program -
CSREES works in partnership with researchers and educators in the Land-Grant
University System and the private sector to develop and implement new
ways to address these complex pest management issues.
- The Federal Interagency Council on Statistical Policy maintains this
site to provide easy access to the full range of statistics and
information produced by more than 70 agencies in the United States
Federal Government produce statistics of interest to the public, for
public use. Has links to other statistics sites.
- National Center for Food and Agricultural Policy
- The National Center for Food and Agricultural Policy (NCFAP) is a
Washington, D.C. based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization whose
purpose is to provide objective research and educational information on
policy issues relating to U.S. and global agricultural policy issues,
such as U.S. farm policy, international trade, food safety, pesticide
use and international development.
- Articles from the National Center for Food and Agricultural Policy - by Leonard P. Gianessi
- DIR - Database of IPM Resources
- an information retrieval and referral system and a compendium of
customized directories of worldwide IPM information resources
accessible through the Internet.
- NASS - USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service
Industry Sales & Usage
- EPA. These reports are designed to provide contemporary and
historical economic profile information on the U.S. pesticide producing
and using sectors covered by regulatory programs mandated by FIFRA.
Economic profile information is provided on a variety of topics,
particularly the pesticide market in terms of dollar values and
quantities of active ingredient. The reports feature dollar and
quantity values, but they also contain values for earlier years going
back to 1979 (and further in some cases).
- Agricultural Chemical Useage
- Statistics from the National Agricultural Statistices Service (NASS)
on useage of agricultural chemicals (pesticides and fertilizers).
- Food and Feed Commodity Vocabulary (EPA)
- The Food and Feed Commodity Vocabulary was developed to consolidate
all the major Office of Pesticide Program Commodity Vocabularies into
one standardized vocabulary. There are about 12,000 lookup or search
terms in this database. Each lookup term is assigned an EPA preferred
term, an EPA (40 CFR 180.41) crop group name/number, and a monograph
number where further information about a specific commodity can be
found. About 1500 preferred commodity terms were developed. The
preferred term will be the only term accepted in establishing pesticide
tolerances. The Food and Feed Commodity Vocabulary contains only human
consumable commodities and livestock feeds.
- IPM: Pest Management at the Crossroads
- New Approaches to Minor Uses
- EPA. Information on the Agency's minor use activities and
partnerships with other agencies. From this site you can get a copy of
EPA's Report on Minor Use Pesticides.