Integrated Pest Management Web Sites and Publications
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) - Clemson University Home & Garden Information Center Publication (HGIC 2755), prepared by Robert G. Bellinger, Extension Pesticide Coordinator, and Rachel C. Rowe, Pesticide Information Program Assistant.
Additional IPM Web Sites
- CSREES Integrated Pest Management Program - CSREES works in partnership with researchers and educators in the Land-Grant University System and the private sector to develop and implement new ways to address these complex pest management issues.
- USDA CSREES Integrated Pest Management Programs (IPM) Homepage - Background, glossary of terms and a general comments section.
- CIPM - National Science Foundation Virtual Center for Integrated Pest Management. The Virtual Center for IPM is the WWW information source from and about the National Science Foundation sponsored Industry/University Cooperative Research Center for Integrated Pest Management, located at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
- Pest Management in U.S. Agriculture - This report describes the use of pest management practices, including integrated pest management (IPM), for major field crops and selected fruits and vegetables. The data came chiefly from the 1996 Agricultural Resource Management Study (ARMS) developed by USDA Economic Research Service.
- Armed Forces Pest Management Board.
- Integrated Pest Management in the Southern Region - National IPM Network.
- EPA Integrated Pest Management - IPM considers these risks as well as the costs of applying pesticides and other economic considerations. Originally designed for agriculture, IPM is also being used as a model for reducing the risk associated with pesticide use in other settings such as schools. The IPM system consists of four steps: (1) set action thresholds; (2) monitor and identify pests; (3) prevent pests; and (4) control pests when necessary.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) - CropLife International
- Current IPM News - North Carolina - with a link to Other, non-NC Newsletters and Magazines
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Food Production - EPA, Office of Pestcide Programs fact sheet.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in Schools - EPA. Protecting Children in Schools from Pests and Pesticides. EPA's IPM in Schools Program.
- Radcliffe's IPM World Textbook - University of Minnesota's electronic textbook of Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Integrated Plant Protection Center - Oregon State University.
- School IPM - Integrated Pest Management in Schools. University of Florida IFAS site. This site has considerable information on IPM in schools.
- IPM Institute of America, Inc. - The IPM Institute is a non-profit organization formed in 1998 to create recognition and rewards in the marketplace for goods and service providers who practice IPM.
- The Illusion of Integrated Pest Management - Lester E. Ehler & Dale Bottrell. Issues of Science and Technology - On line. Spring 2000. "Despite three decades of research, there is very little "I" in IPM. It's time to start over with an achievable goal." Badly titled! Good article. RGB.
- IPM: Pest Management at the Crossroads - Benbrook Consulting Service.