Links to Personal Protective Equipment web sites & publications
- EPA Chemical Resistance Category Chart
- For use when PPE section of the pesticide label lists a chemical resistance category
- Personal Protective Equipment
- from EPA Worker Safety and Training. Includes EPA Chemical Resistance
Category Chart, Entry-Restricted Areas in Nurseries During Pesticide
Applications, and Interpreting PPE Statements on Pesticide Labels.
- GEMPLER's Catalog
- This is a commercial site selling PPE for agricultural and
horticultural pesticide application. Gempler's has several PPE fact
sheets found in their Product Support under Safety Supplies.
- Lab Safety Supply
- One of a number of companies that carry personal protective equipment.
This link is to the Safety and Industrial Supplies section of their
catalog where they have their PPE products. No recommendation of company
- "Personal Protective Equipment Displays for County Extension Service Programs".
Johnson, M.E. & E.P. Easter. 1999. Journal of Pesticide Safety
Education. Vol. 1. Pp. 1-6. - Personal protective equipment (PPE)
displays are valuable assets to Cooperative Extension Service programs
such as pesticide applicator training. Articles are PDF files.
- How to select a respirator - GEMPLERs. Includes selection of respirator and cartridges, and how to fit test and wear your respirator. No more excuses!
- DuPont Tyvek Protective Apparel - Commercial web site with information on this company's limited-use and reusable chemical protective apparel.