4-H School Enrichment Programs: Groups of youth receiving a sequence of learning experiences in cooperation with school officials during school hours, to support the school curriculum. It involves direct teaching by Extension staff or trained volunteers, including teachers.
4-H School Aged Child Care Educational Programs: Educational programs offered to youth outside of school hours, usually in a school or other community center and incorporating 4-H curricula.
Newberry County 4-H currently offers the following programs to schools in Newberry County:
- Quest for Healthy for 3rd Grade Classes: A monthly lesson on nutrition and healthy lifestyles. Includes snack.
- Reading Makes Cents for 5th Grade Classes: A monthly lesson using adolescent literature to teach financial literacy.
- Chick Embryology for 2nd Grade Classes: A three week project that teaches life cycles using eggs and incubators. Cost for this project is $10 per incubator.
- One Time Lessons: We also offer one time school enrichment programs to teachers as a supplement to what is currently being taught in the classroom. Contact us for more information.
Newberry County 4-H currently provides programs to the following schools:
- Boundary Street Elementary School: Kindergarten
- Little Mountain Elementary School: 2nd Grade, 5th Grade
- Mid-Carolina Middle School: Club Time
- Newberry Academy: 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 5th Grade
- Newberry Elementary School: Kindergarten, 3rd Grade
- Newberry High School: Special Needs
- Pomaria Garmany Elementary School: 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade
- Prosperity Rikard Elementary School: 3rd Grade
- Reuben Elementary School: Kindergarten, 3rd Grade, 5th Grade
- Whitmire Community School: 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 5th Grade
Let us know if your class or school is interested in 4-H for the 2017-18 school year!