Newberry County 4-H Shotgun Team
Who We Are:
- Cloverleafs - ages 10-12 as of January 1, 2015
- Juniors - ages 13-14 as of January 1, 2015
- Seniors - ages 15-18 as of January 1, 2015
- Coaches - Stanley and Paula Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Allan Williams (email@example.com)
- Team leaders, coaches, and volunteers have been trained through the National 4-H Shooting Sports Coaches Licensing Program, the Scholastic Clay Target Coaches Program, the Level One National Sporting Clay Association Coaches Licensing Program, and the National Skeet Shooting Association Referee Program. Each coach and volunteer has passed Clemson University's background checks and is a certified SC 4-H Volunteer.
What We Are About:
- This club is designed to teach firearm safety, team work, and discipline while your child learns to compete in the disciplines of sporting clays, skeet, and trap. Members will complete the SCDNR Hunter Education course at the age of 12, taught by a team coach that is also a SCDNR qualified volunteer.
- The club will provide a practice facility, targets, and fun while learning firearm safety.
- Participants will need to provide their own eye and ear protection and 10 cases of shotgun shells for their firearm (average costs of shells is $60 per case as of 08/2014).
- Youth may use their own firearm if it is in good working order and is the right size and gauge for them. If they do not have access to a suitable gun, they may use the club guns when available.
- Costs to participate include but are not limited to: $10 annual 4-H membership dues which includes a T-shirt, as well as entry fees for meets, which can run from $25 to $65 depending on the type of event attended. We attend an average of about 12 meets per year. We do attend some national events where fees may vary.
- Shotgun Club Rules
- Shotgun Club Bylaws
When We Meet:
- Interests Meeting to be held on Tuesday, September 23 at 6:00 pm at 211 Paw Paw's Trail in Newberry
- All interested youth must have a parent in attendance at this meeting
- Do not bring equipment with you to this meeting
Where We Meet:
- Practices are at Paula and Stanley Mills' home: Mills Hills
- Shoot Locations vary