Exploring the Congaree Watershed
serving Lexington and Richland Counties
Activities & Skills
Learn how rivers, streams, wetlands and forests work together for the animals, plants, and people that rely on them. We will kayak, hike, swim, take a trip to Congaree Park, tour a fish hatchery, catch critters in the stream and study local history, biology, hydrology and forestry.
July 7-11, 2014 Dates
Harbison State Forest, Columbia
Tuition: $100 if received by Monday June 23. ($120 if received after).
There is another 4-H2O program in these counties:
Check out details about: 4-H2O Exploring Lake Murray
You should also know...
- Youth should wear clothes suitable for the outdoors, and sturdy shoes that will stay on their feet and are suitable for walking.
- Shoes must be worn when kayaking, swimming and wading, and must be a kind that will stay on their feet.
- Youth need to bring a lunch each day. Lunches must have icepacks or not need to be refrigerated. We will provide beverages and a snack each day.
- Youth should be prepared to be outdoors in warm weather, and should bring a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent.
- Registration is limited to 20 participants.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Registration is taken on a first come, first served basis
- This program is intended as a follow-up for students who have already attended 4-H2O Exploring Lake Murray. While this is not required, students who meet the age requirements for the Lake Murray program are encouraged to attend that program first.
Visit our Facebook page for pictures from last year's camp and other updates on water in the Midlands, www.facebook.com/midlandsstormwater
Sign me up!
To register, please print and complete all pages of the registration packet, and mail to the address on the first page. Or contact the Lexington County Extension office for more information on registration. Phone is 803-359-8515.