Exploring Lowcountry Waterways
serving Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester counties
TWO sessions: June 16-20 & July 7-11
Activities & Skills
Clemson Extension 4-H2O is a water-based science camp giving students the opportunity to explore South Carolina's rich waterways, learn about water quality and the importance of healthy ecosystems. Students will participate in beach exploration, kayaking, water quality testing, fishing, birding and other unique experiences purposed to foster greater stewardship of our shared natural resources.
You should also know...
- Each camper will receive a backpack, water bottle and t-shirt.
- Youth should wear clothes suitable for the outdoors and closed-toed shoes that will stay on their feet and are suitable for walking.
- Youth need to bring a lunch each day. Lunches must have icepacks or not need to be refrigerated. We will provide extra water and a snack each day.
- Youth should be prepared to be outdoors in warm weather and should bring a hat, sunscreen and bug repellent.
- Transportation will be provided from centralized locations throughout the tricounty area.
- Youth will spend time on or near water each day either in a boat or kayak or at an area beach or river.
- Registration limited to 20 participants.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Registration is taken on a first come, first served basis.
- Medical examination completed and signed by licensed medical personnel is required for participation in camp.
- Sessions are 8-4:30 M-F
Sign me up!
Registration also available through the Charleston County Extension office. Please call 843-722-5940 or come see us for more details:
Charleston Extension Office
259 Meeting Street, 2nd floor
Charleston SC 29407