Clemson Extension agents with primary livestock and forage responsibilities work closely with state extension specialists and researchers located on the Clemson campus and at the Edisto Research and Education Center near Blackville. They provide expertise in topics ranging from beef cattle, dairy cattle, equine, small ruminant, poultry and pork production. Establishment, management and efficient utilization of grazing and hay crops like bermudagrass, bahiagrass, alfalfa and tall fescue are also areas of expertise for many of the agents.
803-283-3302, Ext. 115
- Current hot topics in horse industry
- Pasture management and feeding programs
- Liability concerning horses – attorney Insurance responsibility
- Horse identification: Premise I.D. Micro chipping, Emergency Preparedness
- Veterinarian – Health and vaccination programs – Farrier – Hoof and leg health