CHARLESTON COUNTY MASTER GARDENERS
REINSTATEMENT OF FORMERLY CERTIFIED MASTER GARDENER (TRI-COUNTY)
A Master Gardener who was formerly certified as a Tri-County Master Gardener may reinstate his or her certified (active) status by completing the following requirements within a **6 month period:
1. Audit 4 Master Gardener training courses, 2 mandatory and 2 elective, as outlined: (or equivalent upon approval from the TCMG coordinator)
a. Invasive Plants (mandatory)
b. Turf grass (mandatory)
C. Pest Management (recommended)
D. Plant Pathology (recommended)
E. Vegetable Gardening (recommended)
F. All others available
2. Complete three (3), three hour sessions, on the telephone in the Clemson Extension (Master Gardener) county office with a mentor or experienced Master Gardener.
3. Record all hours in the on-line state reporting system.
4. The Master Gardener is thereafter responsible for meeting the requirements for annual recertification according to the policy. (10 continuing education hours and 20 volunteer hours)
5. Upon successful completion of the above requirements he or she is considered “Certified” and therefore returns to the active Master Gardener list and is eligible to participate in all TCMG events and activities.