Task Force For General Education
Blog Posts, General Education Discussions & Revision
Building Personal Intelligence – Featured Week Feb 26-Mar 2
Citizenship – Featured Week Feb 26-Mar 2
Critical Thinking – Featured Week Feb 19-23
Communication – Featured Week Feb 19-23
Global Literacy – Featured Week Feb 12-16
Read More ›
Announcements (reverse chronological order)
- Our snowed-out keynote is now rescheduled! Dr. Kate McConnell - Senior Director for Research and Assessment, Office of Quality, Curriculum, and Assessment, AAC&U (Association of American Colleges and Universities). Thursday, April 12.
- "The Purpose and Promise of General Education" Keynote from 11 am-12:15 pm in the Auditorium, Watt Family Innovation Center
- Lunch will follow (12:15-1:15 pm) for those who RSVP.
- We will also have other opportunities for meetings and workshops with Dr. McConnell, and times will be announced soon.
- Link to Clemson calendar. Link to lunch RSVP page: https://goo.gl/forms/6Re19hUWDBrxnDym2
- The Faculty Senate has approved a standing General Education Committee. The Committee will operate as ad hoc via the Committee on Committees in order for Colleges to hold elections in spring 2018 for terms to start in May 2018. The 2018-2019 Faculty Manual will reflect the responsibilities of the General Education Committee when it comes out next fall. The Committee on Committees website provides information, as does a memo sent by Dean Griffin in February 2018.
- Spring 2018 involves continued and focused discussions about general education student learning outcomes.
- Phase 1 - Kick-off January 18, 2018.
- Collaborative Workshop Session on General Education - See Blog link for more information and handouts.
- Workshop on Designing Your Course for Student Success - Handouts are available here.
- Phases 2 & 3 - Featured weeks of discussion from January 22-March 2, 2018 are complete! (Flyer for Phase 2. Flyer for Phase 3.) The blog has a page for each topic and is still open for reviewing ideas, resources, and making comments!
- Open Discussions on General Education were held Nov 6 & 9, 2017 with over one hundred faculty and staff attending and participating. Background Readings for November Open Discussions can be located below on the "Readings and Resources for Clemson Colleagues" tab. (A Spark page was sent in late October as an invitation and to provide context. It can be found here.)
Additional Information and Documents