National Coming Out Week
National Coming Out Week 2022
National Coming Out Week is a week of celebration for the LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual) community at Clemson, with a particular focus on the coming out process. Mark your calendars and keep your eyes open for additional events!
LGBTQ+ Ally Training - Awareness and Empathy
Monday, October 10th: 10:00am-12:00pm in the Cooper Library Social Media Listening Center
(Register on CU Course)
Awareness and Empathy is the beginner training for faculty, staff, and students who are interested in becoming allies to the LGBTQ+ community.
In this training, participants will:
- Explore and understand their own social conditioning when it comes to the LGBTQ+ community
- Have a basic understanding of sex, sexuality, and gender
- Understand LGBTQ+ experiences more thoroughly
- Begin to explore allyship to the LGBTQ+ community
LGBTQ+ Ally Training - Action and Advocacy
Monday, October 10th: 1:00pm-3:00pm in the Cooper Library Social Media Listening Center
(Register on CU Course)
Action and Advocacy Training is the portion of ally training dedicated to developing hard skills to practice allyship to the LGBTQ+ community. Though it is not necessary to complete the Awareness and Empathy ally training before attending the Action and Advocacy training, participants are expected to come into the Action and Advocacy training with a working knowledge of sex, gender, and sexuality and basic understanding of the LGBTQ+ community. If interested participants do not have this foundational knowledge, they are encouraged to attend the Awareness and Empathy training before registering for the Action and Advocacy training.
Through the Action and Advocacy training, participants will:
- Gain a working understanding of allyship, equity, and intersectionality when it comes to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Learn how to interrupt homophobic and transphobic behavior
- Begin to assess their professional environments and highlight areas which are LGBTQ+ inclusive and areas which can be improved
National Coming Out Day Tabling
Tuesday, October 11th from 11:00am-2:00pm at Carillon Gardens
Join us in the Carillon Gardens to celebrate National Coming Out Day!
C-SAGA (Clemson Sexuality and Gender Allicance) National Coming Out Day Festival
Tuesday, October 11th at 7:00pm in the Hendrix Meeting Rooms
Contact Allison Weihe at email@example.com with questions.