High-Risk Travel Advisories
CLEMSON UNIVERSITY: ONE STEP AHEAD OF THE CRISIS
The actions taken by the Office of Global Engagement to address the pandemic included:
- Repatriation of all students and faculty ahead of border closures;
- Centralized, emergency email account to address questions and concerns;
- COVID-19 Emergency Response Call Center to offer personal attention to parents and students.
- Support and guidance to students on personal travel subject to in-country travel bans;
While challenging and destructive, the global health crisis has also presented an opportunity for Clemson to adapt and innovate. Currently, the Office of Global Engagement is working with partners around the globe to create new Virtual+ programming that allows students to engage globally and enhance their global learning. We stand ready to assist with any questions or recommendations to move the university forward.
Click in the image to view an animated timeline of Clemson's response to COVID-19.
ALL UNIVERSITY-AFFILIATED TRAVEL SUSPENDED
All university-related travel is suspended until further notice, even if previously approved. Any exception to this policy will require the following review:
- Faculty and staff travel within the United States must be deemed essential per college criteria and reviewed by employee’s chair/director and approved by dean/vice president.
- Faculty and staff travel outside of the United States, including the US territories of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, US Virgin Islands and Northern Mariana Islands must be deemed essential and requires review by the Office of Global Engagement pursuant to the University’s High Risk Travel Policy.
Exceptions for Faculty and Staff may be granted only through the high-risk travel appeal process.
For Faculty and Staff to submit an appeal, please follow the directions on this form. Send all prepared documents and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. The High-Risk Travel Advisory Committee will review your request as soon as possible.
UNIVERSITY HIGH- RISK TRAVEL POLICY STATEMENT:
"Clemson University requires its students, staff members, and faculty to follow established procedures for University related travel. Travel to and from certain high-risk locations may be subject to heightened scrutiny and restrictions or prohibited. The university provost is authorized to establish the criteria and procedures for the review of travel to and from high-risk locations and to issue travel restrictions."
Complete policy statement
ACCESS TO CLEMSON FACILITIES AFTER INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL:
All individuals must comply with the testing requirement listed on the University’s COVID-19 website.
In addition, individuals who have been outside of the United States within 14 days prior to seeking access to Clemson facilities are required to be tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible upon arrival or return from abroad. Self-isolation is required upon entry into the United States until such time that a negative test result is received. If the test result is negative, individuals can resume normal activities. This requirement for COVID-19 testing applies to anyone who may travel outside of the United States at any time during the semester.