- Complete the Clemson Global Travel Registration.
In preparation to do so, read the U.S. Department of State Travel Advisory to the destination, and have available details of local accommodation and transportation, proposed travel plans, local contacts, etc.
- After submission, the petition will be forwarded to the HRTAG for review.
- Petition notification will be sent to the student and their supervisor/advisor.
- If the petition is approved, the student will purchase travel insurance and register in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
Students traveling as part of their assistantship or university employment should complete the following. We advise to work on this concurrently while waiting for HRTAG response.
- Submit the International Travel Authorization Form for appropriate approvals prior to approval for work from abroad http://www.clemson.edu/procurement/documents/travel/foreigntravelrequest.pdf
- Follow the checklist for International Travel listed at: http://www.clemson.edu/procurement/travel/
In the Case of Changing Circumstances:
If prior to travel, Clemson University can withdraw authorization for travel if the situation in the area changes prior to departure.
If circumstance changes after travel has commenced, authorization to continue the travel will be handled on a case-by-case basis.