- Enable personal and professional growth for every participant.
- Ensure high levels of familiarity and interaction among faculty and staff from all areas of the University.
- Offer opportunities for dialogue and discussion on topics important to the state of our University and its environment and constituents.
- Provide an in-depth, clearer understanding of the internal structure and unique characteristics of our University landscape.
- Create dialogue and discussion on topics important to the state of our University and its constituents.
- Explore issues and opportunities facing higher education in general and those specific to Clemson such as our mission, strategies, priorities, governance, stakeholders and internal/external relations.
- Broaden perspectives of Clemson's impact at a state, regional, national, and international level.
- Ensure strong University leadership for the future.
- Improve the University's overall performance.
President’s Leadership Institute
What is the President’s Leadership Institute?
The President’s Leadership Institute is a nine-month leadership development program that is designed to support and develop professional and personal leadership within a diverse and inclusive community of faculty and staff at Clemson University. The institute enables participants to build individual effectiveness, understand the power of critical thinking and communication, learn directly from President Jim Clements and embrace their own ability to lead within the Clemson community. Each cohort consists of 25 faculty and staff nominated by University leadership.
The President’s Leadership Institute is an exciting opportunity for emerging, high-potential, and high-performing members of the faculty and staff of Clemson University.
News and Events
President’s Leadership 2020 cohort includes 15 staff members
Here are the faculty members in the 2020 President’s Leadership Institute cohort
President’s Leadership Institute launches fifth year with new challenges and opportunities during COVID-19 pandemic
Deon Legette receives 2020 Alumni Award for Cooperative Extension Distinguished Public Service