Fiscal Year End Reminders
- Use the queries in buyWays to find any open PO’s that have been received but not invoiced. You will either need to contact the supplier for an invoice or submit a request to have the PO closed.
- Review the saved query in buyWays: Search All Orders > My Searches Tab > Manage Searches > Clemson Shared Folders > AP Fiscal Year End. Open the query and then filter the results by department number.
- Open PO’s with a remaining balance over $2500 will be rolled over.
- When invoices are in the AP approval folders, remember to associate/connect the invoice to the PO. Not doing this will cause errors in PeopleSoft and delays in payment being made.
- Click here for instructions for connecting/associating the invoice to the PO.
- Zero-dollar lines should be removed prior to approving an invoice.
- Negative dollar line amounts are ONLY allowable on credit memos. All discounts, etc. that show as a negative amount on an invoice should be factored out of the line-item price. (i.e., A $200 discount on a line item of $1500 should be corrected to reflect a line item of $1300.)
- Always verify that the invoice amounts are correct before submitting or approving an invoice. It is important to check these items:
- Supplier invoice number
- Supplier invoice date
- Supplier remit address
- Shipping amount
- Taxes (correct type and amount) (if nontaxable, remove the taxable flag from the line item)
- Line totals
- Check out the Enhanced Search Guide if you do not remember how to search.
- Utilize the Change Request option on the PO to complete the following for non-punchout orders:
- Update accounting codes (can be modified for punchout orders)
- Add/remove contract
- Add non-catalog item
- Edit quantity of the original item
- Click line description to modify quantity & unit price
- Edit tax qualification of new items
- Add internal/external notes at line level
- Add comment and/or attachment to document the reason for the change request
- Contact cubuyWays@clemson.edu for training and access to the change request.
Data Warehouse Reports
- The data warehouse has queries available such as PO budget check errors and Voucher errors.
- If you have a voucher budget check error and a correction is necessary to clear the error email firstname.lastname@example.org with the voucher # and specific guidance on changes required.
- Declined Transactions
- Liaisons can check to see why the card is being declined by going to the homepage > search for cardholder name and last 4 digits > click on last 4 digits > select “view auth log”. This will open a screen where you can see all pending transactions and the reason for the decline.
- Amazon invitations will be delayed until after FYE.
- PCards are chip and pin cards meaning PIN #'s are required for purchases made in brick and mortar stores. If you need to retrieve your PIN# send an email to Lynn Crawford asking for instructions.
- Charges with a purchase date on or before June 30, 2021, will be posted in the Fiscal Year 2020-21
- Charges for goods and services received after June 30, 2021, should be charged to FY 2021-2022.