ClemsonForward 10-aspirational targets are listed below. To see the current status, click ClemsonForward Dashboard, on the right.
- Increase annual production of nationally recognized forms of scholarship by 50 percent.
- Increase annual submission in research proposals by 80 percent to $1 billion per year.
- Increase annual externally-funded research expenditures by 50 percent to $100 million per year.
Engagement and the Academic Core
- Rank among the nation’s top-10 public universities in undergraduate student success, as measured by freshman-to-sophomore retention and six-year graduation rates.
- Increase doctoral degrees awarded annually by 50 percent — to roughly 327 per year.
- Enroll an undergraduate and graduate student body that is at least 25 percent non-white and 15 percent underrepresented populations (African-American, Native-American, Hispanic).
- Double the number of all underrepresented instructional faculty members; increase from 90 to 180 overall and from 70 to at least 140 tenured and tenure-track faculty.
Other important indicators of progress
- Volume and impact of scholarly work, creative products and national research awards.
- Student participation in academic and global engagement and the impact of those activities on student learning.
- Student well-being and engagement in campus life.
- Graduate program rankings, national teaching awards, graduate and undergraduate program performance, student outcomes and student learning.
- Alumni participation in annual giving.
- The percent of undergraduate students who are African-American or Hispanic, COACHE survey results, Campus Climate survey results and compensation relative to market.