Departments accepting a vehicle must first submit a vehicle request in buyWays. Follow the policy/procedures below for receiving a donated vehicle.
Ordering and Additional Information below:
Fill out the vehicle request form in buyWays. List the supplier as unknown; put a 0 in the contract number. Attach to the buyWays requisition the following:
- A letter from the company that is donating the vehicle stating the make, model, year and the VIN number of the vehicle that is being donated. This will need to be on the Companies letterhead and it needs to state that the vehicle is being donated to Clemson University, then name the specific department being donated to and the purpose of the donation.
- A justification letter will need to be added to the requisition as to why your department is in need for this vehicle and what it will be used for. (This will need to be on department letterhead and signed by the department head).
- Include as part of the justification whether or not the vehicle is going to need a tag or not (i.e. is solely for research and will not be driven — then a tag is not needed).
- A State Fleet Management SASS-007A Form (formerly form 6-77) will need to be filled out (fill in what you can and the Clemson Fleet Manager will assist with completing the form when the requisition is routed through buyWays).
Once the requisition routes to the Clemson Fleet Manager, the department will be provided specific instructions for going to the DMV to transfer the title to the University. Note, it will be the department’s responsibility to go to the local DMV to transfer the title to Clemson University — not a specific department or division. You will need the title signed over from the donor along with a completed DMV Form 400 — Transfer a Title details on the SCDMV page.. When filling out this form, the FEIN for Clemson is 57-6000254 and primary address is 108 Perimeter Rd. Clemson, SC 29633.
Once the title is in the name of the University it then needs to be mailed to the Clemson Fleet Manager at Transportation Services-Motor Pool attention Shelly Hackett, she will then complete the transaction by sending the completed SASS-007A Form, PO and title signed over to the State of South Carolina at 1430 Senate Street, 3rd floor Columbia, SC 29201 to the State Fleet Manager for approval. Once approved by State Fleet, a tag will be provided (if requested) for the vehicle.
- Decision Tree — flowchart designed to help you choose which purchasing method should be used.
- Disbursement Grid — grid used as an aid to assess availability of the type of University funds prior to making commitments.
- P-Card Policies and Procedures
- Policies, Procedures and Guidelines