Grocery Store Charge Account

The preferred method for purchasing by Clemson University from grocery stores is to utilize a University VISA Procurement Card (P-Card). For instances where the P-Card can not be used (i.e. for charges to be paid by the Clemson University Foundation), purchases may be made as personal reimbursements or departments may set up departmental charge accounts with the grocery store. A general "University" charge account can no longer be established or utilized. If establishing a departmental account, it is the department's responsibility to pay bills in a timely manner. Accounts should only be set up when a P-Card is not capable of being used.

As a reminder of guidelines for purchases typically made from grocery stores, the University Disbursement Guidelines says: "Food and nonalcoholic beverages purchased for receptions for students at graduation, Honors and Awards Day, after guest speakers or other official events can be paid from State funds when the purpose is to benefit the students. Expenses relating to campus entertainment such as drop-ins, open house, receptions, etc. held solely for business purposes of introducing new employees, guest speakers or new facilities are allowed to be paid from self generated funds if program related or paid directly with Foundation funds. Food or beverage expenses related to employee staff meetings and/or training should be paid directly with Foundation funds or with self generated funds if related specifically to the program. Entertainment of a strictly social nature among peers should be paid from personal funds.

Permissible purchases may be made from any local grocery store (Bi-Lo, Food Lion, Ingles or Publix).

Ordering and Additional Information below:

Use a Clemson University P-Card or personal reimbursement.

Helpful Links: