COVID-19 Mask Requirement ... More Information »
1. Who regulates the food that I sell?
2. What regulations do I need to follow to manufacture, package, and sell a food product in South Carolina that the South Carolina Department of Agriculture regulates?
3. What type of tests does my product need?
4. What regulations do I need to follow to sell jam and jelly at a Farmer’s Market?
5. I want to make and sell BBQ sauce. What do I need to do to get it ready for sale?
6. What services are offered by the Food2Market program? How much do they cost? Whom should I contact in regards to each service?
7. Can I sell foods that have been produced in my own kitchen?
8. Where can I find commercial kitchens to use in South Carolina and whom should I contact in order to use them?
9. How do I start a specialty food business?
10. Can I sell cakes I make in my home kitchen on social media?
11. I have a product that I would like to sell, but it does not seem to apply under the Cottage Law. I am still likely to sell it, so what is the penalty if I do not comply with the law?
12. I would like to sell pickled eggs. What are the regulations for this?
13. What regulations apply when making and selling dog or pet food?