What regulations apply when making and selling dog or pet food?

Selling pet food in South Carolina requires registration.  All feed products that make a nutritional claim are required to be registered before being sold in South Carolina. That includes homemade pet treats as well as livestock feeds and pet food. This registration is annual. If you have a commercial feed, pet food, or pet treats that you would like to sell in South Carolina, go to https://agriculture.sc.gov/divisions/consumer-protection/feed-safety-compliance/ for more information.