Do you use online lectures or tutorials? Do you like writing on a board? Do you like facing your students & audience?
If so, a lightboard might be a good tool for you!
Clemson Online is working to help faculty transform their online lectures and tutorials through the use of a lightboard. This means helping faculty produce high-quality videos of their lectures and demonstrations. According to Peter West in an article for eSchool News, a lightboard "allows students to get an enhanced experience with a more personal connection between the student and the teacher" (2014).
Clemson Online currently maintains and supports 2 lightboard studios:
- Clemson Online Headquarters, Pendleton, SC
- Sirrine Hall 374H, Clemson University Campus
Instructors interested in lightboard recordings work directly with a Clemson Online Digital Learning Strategist to plan and schedule recordings.
Lightboard Recordings work well for:
- Flipped Model classes
- Supplemental Material
- Reviewing Material
- Deeper Explanations
- Planned or Unplanned Event Class Cancellations
There is no cost for Lightboard Productions for Clemson University Instructors working with a Clemson Online DLS in a for-credit course. For those working on a non-credit or extension course, please see the pricing guide. Please contact Clemson Online to check availability and/or a quote.
Lightboard Production Services Include:
- Demonstration/Practice Time
- Studio Time
- HD Filming with professional lighting and audio
- Minimal Editing
- Intros, transitions, and other editing only included for-credit courses (unless included in non-credit contract)
- Storage in Ensemble
- Captioning included for-credit courses only (unless included in non-credit contract)