USDA National Animal Health Monitoring and Surveillance (NAHMS) - NAHMS conducts national studies on the health, management and production of US domestic livestock and poultry populations and offers information about US swine here.
Biosecurity for Swine -This is an older reference but offers a helpful step-by-step approach to creating a biosecurity plan for your farm.
The Pork Board provides biosecurity protocols for prevention of PEDV.
SWINE DISEASES - CULPH Animal Health Programs staff will post news items and fact sheets about important swine diseases when they are in the news. Links to other valuable resources are listed below under ‘Resources for….’.
- African Swine Fever
- Influenza in Swine
- Brucellosis in Feral-Wild Pigs
- Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV)
- Foot and Mouth Disease Pocket Guide - Domestic Swine
- Seneca Valley Virus
INFORMATION FOR SWINE EXHIBITIONS
- Swine Health Recommendations: Exhibitors of All Pigs Going to Exhibits or Sales
- Measures to Minimize Influenza Transmission at Swine Exhibitions, 2016
RESOURCES for Swine Disease Information - The following links lead to excellent resources for information about swine diseases.
- Swine Health Information Center
- Check the Pork Board for fact sheets, biosecurity protocols research, and newsletters about Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV).
- Swine disease fact sheets and related resources are found at this site, Center for Food Security and Public Health.
The American Association of Swine Veterinarians site has information for swine veterinarians.
- LPH HOME
- Animal Health Programs
- Disease Traceability
- Tagging Info
- Premises Registration
- Species Information
- Reportable Diseases
- Import Requirements
- SC Ag-Watch / Biosecurity
- Emergency Prep
- SC Animal Health Laws
- Veterinary Extension
- Secure Milk Supply
- Contact Us
- AHP Staff