Contact Us

Regulatory Services

(864) 646-2120      FAX 864-646-2178
511 Westinghouse Road, Pendleton, SC 29670

Agricultural Service Laboratory

Phone: (864) 656-2068
Business hours 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday

Contact the Ag Service Lab with inquiries about the following:

  • soil-testing – nutrients, pH, organic matter, nitrates, sulfur, salts, heavy metals
  • agricultural/horticultural samples – plant tissue, animal feed/pet feed, animal waste, irrigation water, compost
  • research projects

How to submit samples to the lab

Locals to Clemson- You may drop samples, forms, and payment in our dropbox at the lab loading dock. Please drop off only during business hours. Payment can be made by cash, credit card, or check.

All others:

Option 1) Ship samples directly to us at the following address and include a completed form (ex: Soil Sample Form) and payment by check made to Clemson University or pay by credit card. We accept UPS, FedEx, and USPS shipments daily.

Ship to: 171 Old Cherry Rd. Clemson, SC 29634

Option 2) Contact your local County Cooperative Extension Office for assistance.

Option 3) For one soil sample, order a soil sample mailer kit online, which includes instructions, soil sample bag, and postage-paid shipping envelope.

For questions concerning the interpretation of results contact the Home and Garden Information CenterPhone: 1-888-656-9988

Fertilizer Regulatory and Certification Services

FRCS Office Staff

Jennifer Cooley, 

  • Seed/ Turf Applications
  • Seed Tags
  • TurfgrassCertificates

Lauren Bramlett,

  • Fertilizer/ lime/ License
  • Fertilizer/ lime/ soil amendment Product Registrations
  • Fertilizer Deficiency Refunds
  • Fertilizer/Lime/ Soil Amendment Tonnage

Pesticide Regulation

Please click here for our Territory Map and Field Investigators

The Department of Pesticide Regulation staff is available during normal business hours. The most efficient way to contact our team is by email. If you have specific questions concerning one of our programs listed below, please email our staff. If you have a complaint or issue regarding a pest control company or pesticide application, please click on the Territory Map to find the Investigator in your area.

Commercial/Business Licensing,

Insurance Certificate,

Non-Commercial Licensing,

Pesticide Dealer Licensing,

Private Licensing,

Recertification Credits,

Exam Registration,

Product Registration,

Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic      (864) 646-2133

Contact Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic with questions about the following:

  • Identification of insects, weeds, diseases, viruses, and nematodes harming plants
  • Honeybee pest identification
  • Commercial Turfgrass samples (expedited processing)
  • Questions about what might be harming your plants

Plant Industry      ( 864) 646-2140

Contact Plant Industry with questions about the following:

  • License to sell or move live plants
  • Permit/certificate to move live plants, plant-based material, or honeybees from SC to another state or country
  • Questions about invasive plants, insects or honeybee pests
  • Organic Certification

The Clemson Home & Garden Information Center is available to answer home gardening and landscaping questions. Please call Monday – Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 1 (888) 656-9988, or email questions to Clemson Extension.