Landscape & Turf Applicators

If you own a landscaping business, work for a golf course or treat other types of turf (such as athletic fields), or if you are a government employee and get paid to apply herbicides, insecticides, or other pesticides to turf or ornamental trees and shrubs on someone else’s property, you are required to be licensed. 

Even if you "only spray a little Round-Up®," the laws passed in 2006 require you to be licensed.

If you only perform lawn manicuring services such as mowing, trimming, hedge cutting, raking, or leaf blowing, you do not have to be licensed.  In fact, if you only apply pesticides every now and then, you may want to consider dropping this service from your business.

Please see the section entitled Landscape & Turf Professionals for more information on licensing.