Department Safety Coordinator Guidelines
Occupational and Environmental Safety would like to thank you for your involvement and your continued support. The Department Safety Coordinator (DSC) is an integral part of promoting health and safety throughout all campuses. The DSC’s role is to assist with the implementation of the OES programs for their assigned department. All DSCs will receive a monthly email with safety materials, Fact Sheets, or safety information to share with their department. In addition, each DSC will be assigned a liaison from OES who is available to assist with their responsibilities:
Some of the activities of the DSCs may include:
- Attend Quarterly DSC meetings as scheduled
- Disseminate safety information from OES to personnel in the department, generally monthly.
- Disseminate and communicate safety information from OES that is considered important for communication to all faculty and staff.
- Participate in Annual Inspections conducted by OES when available.
- Notify OES of new PIs, supervisors, or employees in their department.
- Notify OES of PIs that will be leaving the university.
- Provide new employees the information on OES and the links for their training.
- Participate with incident investigations as needed.
- Assist with updating chemical inventories as needed (Facilities groups)
- Be a liaison for the people in the department for safety related questions and information.
- Be a positive role model for safety.
DSC 2021 Virtual Retreat
- DSC 2021 Virtual Retreat Video Recording (MP4)
- DSC Virtual Retreat 2021 Agenda
- BioRAFT presentation DSC retreat 2021
- Department Safety Coordinator Guidelines
- BioRAFT Fact Sheet
- DSC Meeting 8/6/2021 - Jim Grieger Slides
- Emergency Management Overview - DSC Meeting