Opportunities and Events
There are a lot of opportunities to interact with Creative Inquiry throughout the year. CI is proud to present the following Opportunities for CI Team Leaders and both CI and all Clemson University students.
- Opportunities for CI Students & Faculty
- Opportunities for All Clemson Students
- Other Services and Opportunities
- Focus on Creative Inquiry Poster ForumApril 1&2, 2019
Present your CI project at the annual Focus on Creative Inquiry Poster Forum (FoCI) on the 1-2 April 2019.
- CI Travel GrantsOpen For 2018-2019
The Creative Inquiry program offers competitive grants for CI undergraduate student travel.
- Summer CI & Undergraduate Research OpportunitiesClosed
CI mentors are invited to apply for awards to support undergraduate student salaries for eight weeks in early summer (May 6-June 30). Eligibility is restricted to undergraduate students who: will not graduate earlier than December 2019. Preference will be given to students that were enrolled in a Fall 2018-Spring 2019 CI project OR are preregistered for Fall 2019 projects.
- CI Adobe ScholarsNot Available
CI team leaders are invited to nominate CI undergraduate students to be CI Adobe Scholars.
During summer 2017, these students:
- Learned to use Adobe Spark tools, Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator and other Adobe programs
- Produced digital interactive pages on CI project, one article for Decipher 2018 and 3 additional digital, interactive products (videos, animations, infographics)
- Bradley Award for Creative Inquiry MentoringOpen
Nominate a CI mentor for the Phil and Mary Bradley Award for outstanding work with your Creative Inquiry team.
- Carr Family EndowmentOpen
Each year applications will be accepted for the Carr Family Endowed CI. This award will provide additional funding for up to one year to enhance eligible research projects.
New or exiting Cis are eligible to apply. Projects must focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Rural Economic Development
- Rural Community/Business Development
- Fruit, Vegetable/Crop production
- Production Agriculture Industries
- The Phil and Mary Bradley Graduate Student AwardOpen
The Phil and Mary Bradley Graduate Student Award for Mentoring in Creative Inquiry is presented each spring in recognition of outstanding work with undergraduate students. Nominations are accepted from undergraduate student participants in Creative Inquiry projects. The awards are made possible by an endowment and generous gifts from Phil and Mary Bradley.
- Show Your CINot Available
Enter the 3-minute video competition to highlight your CI, your mentor and/or your students.
Winners will receive supplemental project supply funds and a pizza party!
Propose your video idea (videos are due in December) by 2 October.
- Clemson Student Research ForumApril 5, 2019
The Second Annual Clemson Student Research Forum is part of The Watt Center's first Innovation Week. This poster forum is open to all students, undergraduate and graduate, as an interdisciplinary event to present their research as a paper or digital poster.
- NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
The Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program supports active research participation by undergraduate students in any of the areas of research funded by the National Science Foundation. REU projects involve students in meaningful ways in ongoing research programs or in research projects specifically designed for the REU program. Most REU applications are due by early February.
- National Conference on Undergraduate ResearchApril 10, 2019
National Conference on Undergraduate Research, April 10-13, 2019 at Kennesaw State University, Atlanta, GA
Abstract submission open 10/8/18-12/4/18
- Bio-Inspired Materials, National Center of Competence in Research , SwitzerlandDecember 1, 2018
Bio-Inspired Materials, National Center of Competence in Research , Switzerland
Undergraduate Summer Research Internships, applications open December 1, 2018
- Grad Students
- About CI
- Opportunities & Events