Opportunities and Events
There are a lot of opportunities to interact with Creative Inquiry throughout the year. We are proud to present the following Opportunities for CI Faculty and Students as well as opportunities for all Clemson University students.
- Opportunities for CI Students & Faculty
- Opportunities for All Clemson Students
- Other Services and Opportunities
- Focus on Creative Inquiry Poster Forum, April 1-3, 2020Closed
All Creative Inquiry projects are asked to present their work at the annual Focus on Creative Inquiry Poster Forum (FoCI). Our next FoCI is on April 1-3, 2020.
- CI Travel GrantsOpen For 2019-2020
The Creative Inquiry program offers competitive grants for CI project teams to present their work at professional conferences. Grants partially support undergraduate student co-authors and accompanying mentor travel.
- Carr Family EndowmentOpen
Each year applications will be accepted for the Carr Family Endowed Creative Inquiry Project. This award provides funding for up to one year to projects engaged in relevant research projects.
New or existing CI projects are eligible to apply. Projects must focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Rural Economic Development
- Rural Community/Business Development
- Fruit, Vegetable/Crop production
- Production Agriculture Industries
- Summer CI & Undergraduate Research ProgramOpens February 3, 2020
Creative Inquiry mentors are invited to nominate undergraduate students for the 2020 Summer CI & UR Program. This award provides student salaries while participating in a 10-week research program. Eligibility is restricted to undergraduate students who: will not graduate earlier than December 2020. Preference will be given to students that were enrolled in a Fall 2019-Spring 2020 CI project OR are preregistered for Fall 2020 projects.
- The Phil and Mary Bradley Award for Creative Inquiry MentoringDeadline April 1, 2020
Students participating in a CI can nominate their CI faculty mentor for the Phil and Mary Bradley Award. This award recognizes faculty for their outstanding work mentoring a Creative Inquiry team.
- The Phil and Mary Bradley Graduate Student Mentoring AwardDeadline April 1, 2020
The Phil and Mary Bradley Graduate Student Award for Mentoring in Creative Inquiry is presented each spring in recognition of outstanding work mentoring undergraduate students. Nominations are accepted from undergraduate student participants in Creative Inquiry projects. The awards are made possible by an endowment and generous gifts from Phil and Mary Bradley.
- NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
The Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program supports active research participation by undergraduate students in any of the areas of research funded by the National Science Foundation. REU projects involve students in meaningful ways in ongoing research programs or in research projects specifically designed for the REU program. Most REU applications are due by early February.
- Student Opportunity Center
Creative Inquiry partnered with the Student Opportunity Center (SOC) to bring Clemson undergraduate students over 8000 presentation, publishing, internships, and funding opportunities. The SOC is a database and community platform where students are connected with academic engagement opportunities.
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research, March 25-28, 2020Opens September 30, 2019
- Bio-Inspired Materials, National Center of Competence in Research , Switzerland
Bio-Inspired Materials, National Center of Competence in Research , Switzerland
Undergraduate Summer Research Internships, applications open December 1, 2018
- Clemson Student Research ForumClosed
This poster forum is open to all students, undergraduate and graduate, as an interdisciplinary event to present their research as a paper or digital poster.
- Grad Students
- Summer CI & UR
- Corporate CI
- Clemson COVID Challenge
- About CI
- Opportunities & Events