The vision for the Office of Inclusion and Equity is derived from the University’s aspirational statement regarding inclusion, which reads as follows: “Clemson University aspires to create a diverse community that welcomes people of different races, cultures, ages, genders, sexual orientation, religions, socioeconomic levels, political perspectives, abilities, opinions, values and experiences. Clemson University will strive to reflect these differences in its decisions, curriculum, programs and actions. The institution will seek to ensure that underrepresented groups have equal access to the education and resource opportunities available at the University. Policy and procedures are carefully scrutinized to sustain an inclusive and productive environment.”
- Guide the University’s diversity and inclusion agenda.
- Promote an inclusive and supportive campus and community environment.
- Identify and allocate appropriate resources to support University diversity initiatives.
- Promote the institution’s commitment and accomplishments regarding diversity and inclusion to internal and external communities.
- Create innovative programs and projects that advance and support campus diversity and inclusion.
- Develop, implement and coordinate a comprehensive strategic plan to advance the University’s diversity and inclusion goals.
- Consult, advise and collaborate with University officials and offices regarding diversity and inclusion issues and opportunities.
- Enhance recruitment and employment of underrepresented faculty and staff, as well as the recruitment of underrepresented students.
- Assess and report on institutional progress as it relates to diversity and inclusion.
- Represent the president and Clemson University as needed.
- Provide active leadership to ensure an institutional focus and emphasis on diversity and inclusion.
- Serve as the administrative liaison to campus commissions, committees and boards established to address various dimensions of diversity and inclusion.