Tiger Alliance: Investing in the Future
Tiger Alliance is Clemson University’s bold step to help empower, enlighten and develop African-American and Hispanic young men by emphasizing the importance of education and sharing best practices to increase high school and college graduation rates.
Tiger Alliance is a college-access program designed to help create pathways to college and build a college-going culture for African-American and Hispanic ninth- to 12th-grade high school students in the Upstate of South Carolina. Program participants benefit from access to information about college fairs and expos, a mentoring relationship with a current college student, college-prep workshops, college tours and attendance at the Men of Color National Summit hosted by Clemson University.
The mission of Tiger Alliance is as follows:
- Create a college-going culture among the participants
- Expose participants to the college environment
- Assist students during the college selection and application process
- Help participants take ownership of their success
- Engage the participants in the Men of Color National Summit
- Provide positive male role models
- Develop strong relationships among the participants
Tiger Alliance students must attend one of the 10 partner schools, be in good standing and have a 2.5 GPA or higher. For more information about Tiger Alliance, visit the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.