Welcome to the LGBTQ Commission at Clemson University
The purpose of a Clemson University President’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) Commission is to serve in an advisory capacity to the university administrators, faculty, staff, and students regarding matters which affect the LGBTQ people. More specifically, the objectives of the Commission are to:
- Create a welcoming environment that supports both inclusion and diversity.
- Collect information and/or conduct research regarding climate and issues which affect the LGBTQ campus community.
- Make recommendations regarding the policies, procedures, and practices which affect the LGBTQ campus community, with the goal of improving access and opportunities.
- Ensure that the university appropriately addresses issues of equity, safety, and welfare of LGBTQ faculty, staff, students, and guests.
- Advise the university administration, faculty, and staff on matters pertaining to the LGBTQ campus community.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with organizations and entities which support the purpose, mission and vision of the Commission and the University such as Clemson Alumni Society for Equality (CASE), Clemson Sexuality and Gender Alliance (CU SAGA), and other LGBTQ student organizations.