Monitoring Kit Information
SC Adopt-a-Stream Monitoring Kit Information
- Your monitoring group can choose to either buy a kit or assemble it yourself. Kits are available already assembled for you in partnership with USC-Upstate's Watershed Ecology Center in Spartanburg, SC. You can order a kit specific to the monitoring protocol(s) used, or a kit for all protocols.
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Volunteer monitoring groups are highly encouraged to purchase your own monitoring kit at this time, especially if you are already a non-profit, and/or may be able to receive funds from a local county or city stormwater program, foundation, utility, or other. If we can help you in this endeavor, please email a member of our state team. We would like to help you with receiving your own monitoring kit or loan you a kit for an extended period of time.
- Given the significant costs of a monitoring kit, there exist agencies, colleges and universities, cities and counties, and non-profit organizations that have kits available for loan to certified SC AAS Volunteers. Many thanks to those entities supporting the collection of more water quality data in South Carolina and our shared river basins.
- COVID-19 UPDATE: While loan locations are doing our very best to access cleaning supplies, they are limited. Please remember that all monitoring should always be completed with gloves. Use gloves in the kit to pick your kit up (dispose of gloves safely), monitor with a new pair of gloves, and return the kit with a third pair of gloves. Please do not handle any pieces of the monitoring kit without gloves. If available to you, mist the kit's contents with disinfectant spray before returning to the loan location.
- If you are a kit loan location looking for assistance with how to safely loan kits, please consider a regular schedule of loans from Monday thru Thursday, with time intentionally scheduled between kit handling, and also contact a member of our state team to discuss obstacles at this time.
Locate Kits for Loan
The following map shows supporting organizations and contact information. Just click on the balloon to find more information!
Map shows kits for loan supporting organizations and contact information
Have a Kit for Loan? Enter Contact Information Here!
The following form is our method of inventorying sites that have kits available for certified and active SC AAS Volunteers. The form will update the map above just moments after submittal. Please enter information as you would like for it to be shown, with correct contact information, full address (necessary for mapping), and in a formal and professional manner. Thank you!