Resources & Materials
SC AAS Information
- Volunteer Monitors must register in the SC AAS Database to enter sites and data. This registration presentation has been created to guide you through the registration process. Please email Zach Nemec, firstname.lastname@example.org, with all database questions and inquiries.
- SC AAS Kits: Your group can choose to either buy a kit or assemble it yourself. If you wish to purchase an assembled, complete monitoring kit, please contact Beth Button ( email@example.com ) of USC Upstate.
- Visit the SC AAS Marketplace to find full color handbooks, supplies, t-shirts, and more!
SC AAS Data Sheets
- Stream Habitat Assessment Data Form
- Combined Chemical, Macro, and Bacteria Data Form
- Saltwater Data Form
Resources on Southeast Invasive Plant Identification
- Exotic Invasive Plant Species of South Carolina (SC EPCC, 2014)
- University of Georgia - Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health - Information and link to A Field Guide for the Identification of Invasive Plants in Southern Forests (Miller et al., 2010).
- Native versus Invasive Phragmites Key by the Great Lakes Phragmites Collaborative
SC AAS Training Materials
SC Macroinvertebrate Monitoring Resources -
- SC AAS Macro Reference Guide
- SC DHEC Macro Key
- SC DHEC Macro Key - 11x17 2-page print ready version
- SC DHEC Macro Dichotomous Key - NEW!
- Living to See, Seeing to Learn Macroinvertebrate ID
- Aqua Bugs App from Izaak Walton League of America
Need help identifying a macroinvertebrate? Email an expert from DHEC with photos for additional assistance!
Saltwater Resources Online
Transparency Resources (Secchi disk, transparency tube, and more!)
- Secchi disk and transparency tube comparisons – Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Understanding Your Transparency Tube and Transparency Tube Converter/Turbidity Units
Saltwater Shoreline Information and Care