Parent PLUS eRefunds
Federal Parent PLUS Loan borrowers who have been designated as Authorized Users by their student and have NOT elected for the student to receive the Federal Parent PLUS Loan refund may be eligible to receive any credit created by a Federal Parent PLUS Loan overpayment via eRefund.
To enroll in eRefund for a Federal Parent PLUS Loan, please log in to the Authorized User website with your credentials.
- Go to the “My Profile Setup” section on the right-hand side.
- Click “Personal Profile” and ensure that your first name, last name and email address match your name and email address used on the Federal Parent PLUS Loan application.
- Click the home icon in the top left-hand corner to return to the “My Profile Setup” section.
- Click “Electronic Refunds and ensure that the “date of birth” and the “last 4 digits of SSN” match the information used on the Federal Parent PLUS Loan application. Then click on “Set up a new account” and follow the on-screen instructions to add the desired account.
Note: If a saved payment method already exists, you may choose “Select Account” to designate the account as an eRefund account.
If you do not sign up for eRefund for Federal Parent PLUS Loan:
- Refunds will be mailed to the borrower and address on the loan application in the form of a check beginning on the first day of class.
- Subsequent refunds will be mailed out every Friday the week after classes begin.
- Refund checks must be cashed in a timely manner. Federal regulations require you to cash federally funded (Title IV) refunds in a timely manner.
- If your Title IV refund check is not cashed within 120 days, the check may be canceled and the funds returned to the appropriate loan or grant program.
- For verification and security, only the authorized user can set up a Parent PLUS eRefund account.
- If payment by check has been applied to the student’s account within the last seven days, the refund will be held to allow for bank processing.
- If the borrower elected for the student to receive the Federal Parent PLUS Loan refund on the loan application, the refund will be processed to the student.
- Parent PLUS Loan refunds will only be generated if the credit/overpayment on the student account was created by the Parent PLUS Loan.