QM Cohort Online Course Improvement Program
INSTRUCTORS: Are you interested in making your online or hybrid course more effective and accessible?
Clemson Online is proud to announce its second Quality Matters Cohort for Academic Year 2023. This program will guide instructors through the process of online course improvement using the QM Rubric, culminating in an internal review of their course for a QM Essentials badge. Participants will also be paid a $500 stipend upon completion of all requirements and have the opportunity to become a Certified Peer Reviewer for QM and/or submit their course for an official review.
The Quality Matters review process at Clemson is available to all instructors who teach online or hybrid courses; it's an excellent way to demonstrate evidence of teaching effectiveness and improvement. This program will take cohort participants through the process of learning about the QM Rubric, effective online teaching practices, and a review of a course of their choosing.
- Application opens on August 11, 2023 and closes at midnight on August 27, 2023. Note: Applicants must have already taught the course they intend to submit for review.
- Cohort participants will be notified by September 1, 2023 and all responsibilities must be completed by May 30, 2024.
- Instructors should be seeking to improve a Fall or Summer course, not a Spring ‘24 course. There will not be sufficient time to complete the process to teach the revised course in the Spring.
- Cohort responsibilities will include:
- Attending an orientation session (virtual option will be available).
- Completing the three week asynchronous online Applying the QM Rubric Workshop (APPQMR) with certified facilitators.
- Meeting with Clemson Online review team for a pre-review and post-review call.
- Two meetings with the entire cohort to check-in and discuss progress (virtual option will be available).
- Completing an end of program survey.
Click the link provided to go to the application page and provide some basic information. You will need to include the name of the course you are interested in working on during the cohort, as well as a short narrative about why you'd like to participate.
About QM at Clemson
Quality Matters is a nationally recognized non-profit organization “specializing in standards, processes and professional development for quality assurance in online and blended learning.” The QM Team at Clemson Online has over 40 years of combined higher ed teaching experience and are certified through Quality Matters to review online courses. In the two years since we kicked off the QM program at Clemson, we have reviewed 27 courses and are ready to review yours!
Your certified QM Reviewers are:
- Lori Kinley, PhD - Associate Director of Online Development
- James Butler, MA - Digital Learning Strategist
- Sharyn Emery, PhD - Digital Learning Manager
- Leslie Fuller, PhD - Digital Learning Strategist
Your certified QM Coordinator is:
- Jana Radley, QM Coordinator - contact her for questions about the cohort, the application, or the QM process itself.