Students Called to Active Duty
If you have been called to report for active duty, you may be eligible to complete your coursework at a later time. Otherwise, please use the checklist below to withdraw from the university.
If a withdrawal is required due to active duty service, you will receive a 100% refund of tuition and fees.
Options for Completing Coursework
- If your orders are for annual training, you can officially request postponement until the following term. The School Certifying Official can assist in preparing your request.
- Meet with your department advisor. Based on your specific courses, you may be eligible for an Incomplete Grade*, or your professor may deem an early examination is appropriate.
*Students receiving an Incomplete Grade are not eligible for a refund of academic fees.
Withdrawal for Military Duty Checklist
- You will need to request a withdrawal for military reasons. Undergraduate students will do this in Undergraduate Academic Studies, 101 Vickery Hall. Graduate students will go to Graduate Enrolled Student Services in 104-D Sikes Hall. Read more on Withdrawing from the University.
- If you use VA Benefits, please contact Clemson's Certifying Official with your intent to withdraw. She will need a copy of your Official Orders and will notify the VA of your change in student status.
- Send an email to Student Financial Services or call 864-656-5592 with refund questions.
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 864-656-2280 for questions on how your deployment will impact your aid and/or loan repayment.