Students Called to Active Duty

If you have been called to report for active duty, you may be eligible to complete your coursework at a later time. Otherwise, please use the checklist below to withdraw from the university.

If a withdrawal is required due to active duty service, you will receive a 100% refund of tuition and fees.

Options for Completing Coursework

  • If your orders are for annual training, you can officially request postponement until the following term. The School Certifying Official can assist in preparing your request.
  • Meet with your department advisor. Based on your specific courses, you may be eligible for an Incomplete Grade*, or your professor may deem an early examination is appropriate.
    *Students receiving an Incomplete Grade are not eligible for a refund of academic fees.

Withdrawal for Military Duty Checklist

  1. You will need to request a withdrawal for military reasons. Undergraduate students will do this in Undergraduate Academic Studies, 101 Vickery Hall. Graduate students will go to Graduate Enrolled Student Services in 104-D Sikes Hall. Read more on Withdrawing from the University.
  2. If you use VA Benefits, please contact Clemson's Certifying Official with your intent to withdraw. She will need a copy of your Official Orders and will notify the VA of your change in student status.
  3. Send an email to Student Financial Services or call 864-656-5592 with refund questions.
  4. Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 864-656-2280 for questions on how your deployment will impact your aid and/or loan repayment.