Skip to content

Office of Sponsored Programs

Non-Disclosure, Material Transfer, Data Use and other Research-Related Agreements

How do I initiate the Agreement process with the Office of Sponsored Programs?

Whether the potential sponsor has provided an agreement that needs to be reviewed, or you need to offer one of Clemson’s standard template agreements, please complete the Agreement Request Form. Initiating the process through this portal will ensure that the agreement is created/reviewed, negotiated, and signed by the authorized signatory for the university.

Agreement Request Form
campus building

What is a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)?

A NDA is an agreement which is designed to protect the confidential information that the parties wish to share with one another for the designated agreement purpose(s). These agreements may also be referred to as Proprietary Information Agreements (PIA) or Confidentiality Agreements (CA).

a lady signing a document

What is Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)?

A MTA is used when a material, such as software, cells, plasmids, compounds, etc., is transferred between organizations. The MTA will govern the transfer and also various terms associated with the material, such as potential liability, ownership, permitted use of the material, ability to publish, development of the material, and even intellectual property rights.

a male and a female looking at legacy documents

What is Data Use Agreement (DUA)?

A DUA is an agreement used when there is exchange of research data between organizations. The DUA will govern the terms and conditions associated with the pertinent data involved in the matter. Due to the increasing concern relating to data and data security, it is crucial to establish effective provisions in order to avoid any conflict or misunderstanding.

4 people in a room discussing history

What are other agreement types?

From time to time Clemson investigators may collaborate with colleagues at other institutions for the purposes of joint proposal preparation or center membership. OSP assists with teaming agreements, collaboration/consortium agreements or other types of agreements related to research or scholarly activities.

For any additional questions or concerns, please contact OSP Contracts Administrator from our office.

Office of Sponsored Programs
Office of Sponsored Programs | 230 Kappa Street