Emergency Preparedness, Response and Recovery
Charlotte Krugler, DVM, MPH, DACVPM
Emergency Preparedness Veterinarian
ABOUT Emergency Preparedness, Response and Recovery: This link provides a brief description of CULPH's emergency-related roles.
LINKS FOR EMERGENCY PLANS
State ESF-17 Plan: This link will take you to the Emergency Support Function (ESF)-17 Animal/Agriculture Plan in the South Carolina Emergency Operations Plan.
South Carolina Emergency Management Division: Find information here about all of the South Carolina Emergency Management Division (SCEMD) state emergency plans.
Foreign Animal Disease Preparedness and Response Plan (FAD PReP) Collaboration Site: FAD PReP is a collaborative site managed by USDA APHIS where all foreign animal disease (FAD) materials and references can be found.
Business Continuity for Agriculture / Secure Food Supply Plans: Click here to read about several Secure Food Supply Plans that are in place or under development. Implementation of these plans will help ensure that critical agricultural industries will stay viable and be able to market commodities and products in the event of a foreign animal disease.
Emergency Animal Shelter Guidance for County Planners
- SC Emergency Animal Sheltering Annex
- LDAF Pet Evacuation and Sheltering Standard Operating Procedure No. 004
- LDAF Cohabitated Human/Household Pet Sheltering Toolkit
- Emergency Stable Sites
- Possible Pet Boarding Sites
- Pre-Emergency Animal Shelter Assessment checklist from Denver Animal Care Workgroup
- Shelter Site Selection from Cohabitated Human/Household Pet Sheltering Toolkit
Flood Emergency Hay in Horry County HOTLINE: 843-915-5930