Emergency Preparedness, Response and Recovery
COVID-19 INFORMATION AND RESOURCES RELATED TO ANIMALS AND AGRICULTURE
Open the links for current information on the following topics:
- COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) in animals, visit the American Veterinary Medical Association
- COVID-19 impacts on food production, visit the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Animals that cannot be moved to market as a result of processing plant closures, visit the US Department of Agriculture's Livestock Coordination Center
- Agricultural business requiring personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, gowns, etc.), please complete this survey
- Guidance for businesses and workplaces, visit the Centers for Disease Control
- COVID-19 health and testing information, visit the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
Primary Point of Contact:
Kathryn MacDonald, DVM
ABOUT Emergency Preparedness, Response and Recovery: This link provides a brief description of CULPH's emergency-related roles.
LINKS FOR EMERGENCY PLANS
State ESF-17 Plan: This link will take you to the Emergency Support Function (ESF)-17 Animal/Agriculture Plan in the South Carolina Emergency Operations Plan.
South Carolina Emergency Management Division: Find information here about all of the South Carolina Emergency Management Division (SCEMD) state emergency plans.
Foreign Animal Disease Preparedness and Response Plan (FAD PReP) Collaboration Site: FAD PReP is a collaborative site managed by USDA APHIS where all foreign animal disease (FAD) materials and references can be found.
Business Continuity for Agriculture / Secure Food Supply Plans: Click here to read about several Secure Food Supply Plans that are in place or under development. Implementation of these plans will help ensure that critical agricultural industries will stay viable and be able to market commodities and products in the event of a foreign animal disease.
Emergency Animal Shelter Guidance for County Planners
- SC Emergency Animal Sheltering Annex
- LDAF Pet Evacuation and Sheltering Standard Operating Procedure No. 004
- LDAF Cohabitated Human/Household Pet Sheltering Toolkit
- Emergency Stable Sites
- Possible Pet Boarding Sites
- Pre-Emergency Animal Shelter Assessment checklist from Denver Animal Care Workgroup
- Shelter Site Selection from Cohabitated Human/Household Pet Sheltering Toolkit