December 2023 graduation ceremonies for Master and Bachelor candidates will take place on December 21, 2023 in Clemson's Littlejohn Coliseum, 219 Perimeter Road. Tickets will not be issued for guests attending the ceremony. However, it is recommended that each graduate limits guests to a maximum of six. The ceremonies may be viewed via live stream on Clemson TV.
All diplomas will be mailed regardless of ceremony attendance.
Please plan to allow additional travel time due to lane closures on Perimeter Road due to on-going project.
ADA Parking will be available on the north side of Littlejohn Coliseum along Ravenel Rd. and the north circle parking lot. Staff will be available inside the north entrance with wheelchairs to assist guests to ADA seating. Staff will return to the guest with a wheelchair at the end of the ceremony to assist the guest with exiting the coliseum. Wheelchairs are not available for individual use and will not remain with guests during the ceremony.
Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for all graduates and guests. All bags entering Littlejohn Coliseum must be clear plastic or vinyl and not exceed the dimensions of 12” x 6” x 12”. One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags are also accepted. Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”) will be permitted. An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection. Patrons will still be able to carry other items into the coliseum, such as cameras and smart phones, but their carrying cases will NOT be allowed.
Additional Candidate Information
Graduation Regalia should be worn to the ceremony. For any questions regarding your cap/gown or other regalia, please contact the Clemson University Bookstore.
All doors will open 2 hours prior to the graduation ceremony start time. Graduates will enter via the VIP doors, located on the southeast side of the arena along Avenue of Champions. The facility does not allow outside food or drink to be brought into the coliseum and will be enforced at all gates. Graduates must be checked in at least 45 minutes prior to the ceremony start time.
Clear Bag Policy: The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect at Graduation at ALL doors, including the VIP entrance.
Once inside the arena, graduates will be directed downstairs (via stairwell or elevator,) where you will check-in with the Registrar’s staff to receive your name card. You will then proceed to the practice gym. If there is a sticker in the top, right corner of your name card, please see the Name Reader, located in the practice gym, to ensure that they have the correct pronunciation of your name. Further instructions regarding line-up for the processional will be given in the practice gym.
Additional Guest Information
Tickets will not be issued for guests attending the graduation ceremonies. However, it is recommended that each graduate limits guests to a maximum of six.
All doors will open 2 hours prior to the graduation ceremony start time. All guests will enter through any of the main gates along the concourse. Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Parties are encouraged to arrive together as holding vacant seats is discouraged.
Faculty Participation and Reception Information
- If you plan to attend graduation as participating faculty in the procession, please contact your department/college. This will help us plan accordingly for reserving faculty seating in the Coliseum and ordering food for the reception(s)
- Please note that all participating faculty must have a robe and regalia with them to participate in the procession
- Faculty must enter at Littlejohn Coliseum Club VIP Entrance
- Magnetometers will be inside VIP doors
- The facility does not allow outside food or drink to be brought into the coliseum and will be enforced at all gates
- Clear Bag Policy: The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect at Graduation at ALL doors, including the Club VIP entrance
- Follow signs down hall to Coliseum Club for the faculty reception
- Faculty procession: 15 minutes prior to start of ceremony, faculty are lined up in 2 even lines and wait for cue from floor. The faculty processional opens the ceremony
- Two Marshals (one for each line) process faculty down either side of center section of Coliseum Club faculty reserved seating from bottom rows up
- There will no reserved parking for faculty
For information on Clemson University’s COVID-19 resources and updates, please visit: www.clemson.edu/covid-19/